Friday, April 1, 2011

Children's Literature Blog

I have always been a fan of picture books for young children.  Years before Adam and I planned to have a child (and even before we were married) I was buying books for them.  I had acquired so many board books before L was born.  Little did I know that my child would LOVE the books even more than me!  She is enthralled by them, asking for a book to be read to her many times over.  At one stage we owned 80 board books and I could not believe that L was bored of them.  Well it did make sense; L was being read between 10-20 books per day and she herself spent a lot of time in front of the bookshelf flipping through many a books.  

To help our daughter's boredom we started reading non-board books to her.  She loved the new variety so much that for some time she did not want to look at any of the board books.  She would point up to the higher shelves for a paper book.  Paper books were only meant to be for adults to read to her and then put back on the shelf and this is the rule we follow for the most part.  The rule is in place so that she does not destroy all of our books.

We also started going to the library and borrow about 10 books at a time.  The library is a valuable resource.  We borrow many a books and I can then get to see which books are actually good for our child. So here is where I am going to review mostly good books that I would like to purchase....ONE day :) .  Some books will be rated as mediocre for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment